Sunday, June 27, 2010

Eduardo's leaving

So Eduardo's leaving the Arsenal. It's sad, but he never really recovered from his injury. Lack of confidence, lack of match sharpness, recurring injuries - it's something that won't get better unless he's given more time in the middle. He's better off playing a solid year of football at a weaker club, building up match fitness.

The other problem is that he doesn't really fit into a 4-3-3. He doesn't have the physicality to play as the lone striker. And he doesn't have the pace for the outside forward positions. He's a goal-poach who can dribble a bit and play dinky little passes. He needs to play in a 4-4-2.

I'm really looking forward to Argentina versus Mexico tonight. It's going to be a great match. I'm wondering if we should've bought dos Santos when he left Barcelona. I know he flopped at Tottenham, but he's not bad with Mexico. Him and Vela would've been alright with us.

So on the 300th last day of my 20s I watched (500) days of summer. It's a great film about infatuation, love, disintergration. Really enjoyed it; it's truthful and awkward and very, very funny. Maybe it's because I'm just a sucker for non-linear rom-coms, because I also thought great things about Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

It stars Zooey Deschanel. I'm completely in love with Zooey Deschanel's characters. She always seems to play manic pixie dream girls. I especially love the way her character's introduced in the film - average height, average weight, in every way an average girl, but there's this certain something about her that every adult male has experienced at least once in his lifetime. Something I'm all too familiar with.

No comments: