Saturday, June 5, 2010

The 322nd last day of my 20s

So on the 322nd last day of my 20s, I attended a wedding for my friend's sister. At the reception, I sat next to a high school acquaintance whom I haven't seen in ten years. We started talking about religion, and Christianity and faith. Interesting talk - he's at about the same stage as me, and we're surrounded by churchies who believe with a unbending passion.

I wondered why I was invited to the reception. A lot of people from the church attended the wedding, but only a few where invited to the reception. I don't know the bride or groom well at all (talked to them 3 or 4 times), and I got invited instead of half a dozen people who should've got a place ahead of me. And I'm thinking about that talk I had with that guy, and thinking that it's not all a coincidence.

No comments: