Monday, June 14, 2010

The 313rd last day of my 20s

So on the 313rd last day of my 20s, I slept for most of the day. It's the Queen's Birthday long weekend, and the only thing I wanted to do was to sleep. I'm not going to get two consecutive days off for almost six months, and I'm thinking that I probably should've used it a bit better.

I got up at 4:30am to watch Australia get thumped by Germany. We were lacking in creativity, our midfield was atrocious, our defence was too slow. Germany cut us to pieces with through balls, off-the-ball movement and crosses. We lost 0-4 on the night, and we were lucky to get away with that. Germany played very well, though. The Arsenal should definitely sign Oezil as soon as we possibly can.

Ghana and Serbia up next. Incredibly, I was told that we have a chance against both sides because they played even worse than we did. I can't see how we can possibly win. The Australia I've seen under Verbeek is stodgy, unimaginative and slow. Maybe with Kewell and Bresciano back in the squad, and maybe if we played Josh Kennedy as our striker, maybe we could do it. I don't know.

Netherlands Denmark should be a good game tonight. I'm really looking forward to watching van Persie play. Fingers cross he doesn't get injured. I'm not as interested in watching Nicky Bendtner play. Now we've Chamakh, we've got another option for weird/tall thing on the right wing.

No comments: