Thursday, June 24, 2010

The 303rd last day of my 20s

A lot happened today. Julia Gillard was sworn in as Australia's first female Prime Minister. I finished my last day at one of my clinics. And the Socceroos were bundled out of the World Cup despite beating Serbia 2-1.

I didn't watch the match. I set my alarm clock for 4:00pm instead of 4:00pm, and when I woke at 6:00am, I couldn't be bothered to get up for the replay. If it isn't live, it's not worth the headache of missing sleep. I haven't even read the reports. It's not something I want to dwell over.

England's still in it, after they managed to pull themselves together to beat Slovenia. It's a real shame, but I suppose it build to the tension. While it would've been nice to see England getting thumped in the group stages, it'll be even nicer to see them lose in the knock-out stages again on penalties.

So on the 304th last day of my 20s, I went for a jog, went to work, developed a massive migraine and went out for dinner. A work colleague is leaving for London in a couple of weeks. It's really exciting. I can't seem to overlook the migraine, though. I feel nauseous, dizzy, headachy, sleepy, tired, and incredibly distraught. Straight for bed if it wasn't for the pledge to journal each and every day of my 20s.

No comments: