Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The 305th last day of my 20s

Well, it looks like we're going to sign Koscielny. Lorient are holding out for a larger transfer fee, with manager Christian Gourcuff saying something eerily reminscient of something we've been saying about Barcelona's pursuit of Cesc:


So I expect we'll dick around with the transfer fee until the beginning of August, before a last-minute agreement at the stroke of midnight. It's what happened with a number of players. We seem to prefer saving a couple of million over integrating a player into the squad over a full pre-season.

The official site's been going through individual player reviews, and today focused on Craig Eastmond. He did pretty well this year, been impressive as Song's backup. I'd still like us to buy another defensive midfielder who can also play as a central defender, but Eastmond has good potential. He said:




So on the 305th last day of my 20s, I went to work. It's the last time I'm going to have the awkward situation where I have to work in two locations on the same day. I'm really pleased about that. Driving a hour in order to work a half-day was really starting to shit me off.

Recently, I've been bumping into a lot of people I used to know a long time ago. Last Saturday, met some people from my old church whom I haven't seen in 10 years. Yesterday, met a guy I hadn't seen since we were kids. This Saturday, going to lunch with some uni friends; I've kept contact with them more or less, but I don't think the four of us have been in the same room together since we graduated. It's interesting; maybe June's become nostalgia month.

No comments: