Sunday, June 13, 2010

The 314th last day of my 20s

I watched Korea vs Greece and I was impressed with the quality of Korea's football. I was shocked at Greece's defensive organisation. It was really sloppy marking on the corner for the first goal, and the second was just bad defending.

I took a short nap during the interval before Argentina versus Nigeria, but I overslept and only caught the last ten minutes of that game. Luckily, it was a great ten minutes. Messi was rampant, Argentina and Nigeria were both playing crazy attacking football, and the only thing that stopped Nigeria from equalising was poor shooting.

From what I've seen so far, it's going to be a good World Cup. One staid match between Uruguay and France. One brilliant moment of schadenfreude between England and USA. All the rest were thoroughly entertaining matches. Let's hope Australia versus Germany tonight will be equally as exciting.

So on the 314th last day of my 20s, I completed the rest of my make-over weekend. I spent $1000 this weekend, and I'm pretty numb at the moment. It's a lot to take in. I don't think it'll sink in until I catch my reflection in an unguarded moment, and I'm seeing myself dressed in alien clothes, glasses and hair. Or when my credit card bill comes back. Either/or.

No comments: