Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Interesting Transfer rumours

So according to First Post, we're not getting Schwarzer. But we are getting Lloris for £14, and we're also getting rid of Almunia at the same time. We've also rejected an Inter Milan bid for Cesc Fabregas in exchange for Sulley Muntari and £28.7m.

I don't believe any of it. Firstly, Schwarzer for £4m is a steal. He's experienced, better than Almunia, and he's Australian. Secondly, if we're too cheap to pass on Schwarzer, we're not going to pay £14m for Lloris. Thirdly, we're not going to get rid of Almunia if we've made him the vice-captain. Fourthly, if Inter can't afford Mascherano, they sure as hell can't afford Cesc Fabregas.

I'd like it to be true. I'd like Arsenal to bid for Lloris. I'd like to be shot of Almunia. I think Fabregas for Muntari and £28.7m is cheap, but I'd love to see the reaction from Barcelona when they hear about it.

So on the 237th last day of my 20s, I watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World with some friends after work. Laughed my head off. It's the funniest film I've seen in a very, very long time. And it's not just funny. It's charming, and sweet, and intensely romantic in a daggy, nerdy, gamer kind of way. And if a girl's special, if she's the girl of your dreams... why wouldn't you be willing to fight off all her psychopathic exs in order to be with her?

Spent most of the film thinking that the GOMD would love it. She's got a great sense of humour. She's got a daggy streak in her as wide as a scientific calculator. And she's a gamer. Wish I could've taken her to see it.

No comments: