Monday, August 30, 2010

Jack The Peacemaker

When I first saw the headline "Jack Wilshere arrested in early hours of morning and released on bail", my immediate thought was that Jack the Lad really was "Jack The Lad". I feared that English Footballer's Disease had spread and claimed the brightest prospect at Arsenal.

I'm glad to say that I was mistaken. The police said:


What a guy! Jack Wilshere made his senior club debut at 16, his international debut at 18, and just a few nights ago, in the early hours of a London night, he has also made his debut as Keeper Of The Peace. Jack is an Arsenal player, an England player and a Peacemaker. It's just staggering to list his accomplishments so far, and mind-boggling to imagine his future deeds.

But seriously, it's impressive to see an 18 year old with the presence of mind to respond appropriately in a crisis, and the conscientiousness to help out. Well done, Jack, whatever it was you did. You're a credit to the Arsenal.

So on the 238th last day of my 20s, I went to work, caught up with a friend for dinner, played pool, came home and started blogging. Missed playing pool; haven't really played regularly since uni. Problem is that I don't see winning as a primary motive in pool - it's really more about physics and appreciation of chaos theory. Not much else happened today. Was too sleepy to get up for a run in the morning, decided to give it a miss. Had baked beans on toast for breakfast.

No comments: