Sunday, August 15, 2010

Not tonight Arsenal, I have a headache

So the season starts tonight. Arsenal vs Liverpool. I intended to watch it live at the TAB down the road, but I’m going to rain-check. Got the sort of splitting headache which only goes away with a night’s sleep. And if I don’t sleep soon, I’m going vomit.

Arsenal are in a world of trouble. No Song, no Fabregas, no van Persie, no keeper. We’re playing a debutant in Koscielny, and probably two 18 year-olds in Frimpong and Wilshere. We’re playing with either Almunia or Fabianski in goal. It’s not going to be pretty, and the best we can hope for is that we’ll score more than them. Which would be interesting considering it’s the debut for Chamakh as well. Looking forward to that.

There’ll be a replay on one of the digital free-to-air channels on Tuesday. Might wait until then. I hopw we win, I really do, but if we lose and lose badly, maybe it’ll prompt Wenger to try harder in the transfer market. So silver lining do occur.

So on the 254th last day of my 20s, I developed a headache in the afternoon which became monumentally bad. Nausea, dizziness, throbbing grinding pain... it was nearly incapacitating for the whole night. And then the GOMD came over and talked to me, and it went away. But then she went away again, and it resumed. She has miraculous powers, that girl.

No comments: