Monday, March 16, 2009

Positivity's starting to scare me

"Some Tottenham fans said to me, 'I hope we don't win at Villa'. I have never heard such crap in all my life."

- Harry Redknapp, who's going to hear crap like that ad nauseaum

Tottenham beat Aston Villa overnight. 2-1, with goals to Jenas and Bent. Which means we're in 4th, and on course to qualify for the CL next year. Which would've been unthinkable just a month ago.

We're all Spuds, today.

I've never been a positive person. I've always been the kind of guy who'd lean back and make cynical, snide remarks. But these past days of days have really freaked me out. Squeezing past Roma on penalties. 4-0 win against Blackburn. 1-2 loss for Villa. A midfield combination that's starting to work. Arshavin playing like the bird of prey he is. It's like, if you think nice thoughts, nice things will happen to the Arsenal.

It's an intriguing thought, and one that deserves investigation. So we're going to win the Champions League this year. And the FA Cup. And Liverpool will catch Man Utd and Guus Hiddink will quit Chelsea at the end of the year. All this will happen because I'm now a postive person.

Yes, we can.

Nice things are happening to Tottenham, too, which is nice. They're too good a side to get relegated. They're 11th now, and remarkably, are within shout of a spot in the UEFA Cup. If they keep up this run of form, they'll be saying how they're going to crack the Top 4 next year.

I'm just glad we're in the Top 4 now.

No comments: