Friday, July 23, 2010

Let’s raise money to buy a ‘keeper for Arsenal

I’m thinking that it wouldn’t take that much money to buy a decent ‘keeper. There aren’t that many around, but we could probably get a Lloris, or an Akinfeev or a Handanovic for about £15m - £20m. It’s not THAT much money when you consider Almunia and Fabianksi will cost us 6 - 9 points a season, which would equate to one or two positions on the league.

In fact, if gooners all around the world started to put in £100 a year into a “Buy A Decent ‘keeper” fund, we could have enough money for a ‘keeper by the time Szczęsny is found out as another pretender to the throne. We could set up a fund-raising drive, show clips of Fabianski and Almunia’s greatest moments.... it’ll be more convincing than those starving kids in Africa.

Joe Cole’s move to Liverpool is probably a good thing for the Arsenal. It means that Cesc is definitely going to stay, and it’ll give Wilshere and co. a chance for more playing time. I’ll love to see our Academy kids spend time in the senior team this season. Let’s face it, we’re not going to challenge for the league this year, so we might as well just blood more kiddies.

So on the 276th last day of my 20s, I got irritated at work because a couple of dentures didn’t fit. I’m counting down the weeks left at Wandin, and it irritates when I’ve got to add another couple of weeks onto my time there because I have to wait to complete things. Also with things that aren’t set up correctly, but you really can’t change because because you’re about to leave. To compound my irritation, I ate an Angry Angus burger for lunch. Steam must be coming out of my ears like a cartoon character...

No comments: