Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cesc may stay

"I haven't said that I will definitely leave Arsenal. Everything is possible. Now I have my head and my focus on the World Cup. I am very proud to be captain of Arsenal and I love the club and have respect for them. It gave me such pride to be made captain."

- Cesc Fabregas, changing his mind

Cesc may not go after all. Barcelona don't have the money, Arsenal don't have to sell, and Cesc is too nice a guy to push for a transfer. There's about £25m difference between Barca's and Arsenal's valuations of him. Either Barcelona's going to throw the Yaya Toure money into the pot, or we're going to see Cesc in Arsenal colours for one more season.

It doesn't solve anything. Cesc will probably leave next year, or the year after. We're not exactly buying the type of players that will persuade Cesc to stay here long-time. We've got Chamakh on a free, Koscielny from the French league, and maybe Cole on a free and Schwarzer for £4m. It's hardly the kaleidoscope of reputable, experienced players that Cesc is longing to play with. In all probability, Cesc will stay a year, bid his time and go through the motions, and then move to Barcelona on a lower valuation next season.

What's to be gained by that?

If we can get a lot of money for Cesc, it might not be a bad idea to take the money, buy a heap of great players, and win the title "Championship Manager" style. It's not that hard. If I can take Cambridge United to four consecutive Champions League titles with a bunch of kids and cheap buys, Wenger can buy his way to an English title. After all, No One Knows Like Arsene Knows.

So on the 297th last day of my 20s, I bought some Codral for an impending cold. Went to work, and figured out that I'll be working a 48 hour week. That's a lot of hours for me. NOt sure how I'll cope. I'll be glad for the codeine phosphate in the Codral.

No comments: