Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cesc forced into a Barcelona shirt

Puyol and Pique throw a Barca shirt over Fabregas’ head, and it’s headline news. I’m not sure why. It’s a despicable act by despicable Barcelona players, but what’s new? Barcelona have been trying to put a Barcelona shirt on Fabregas for a few months now, and this time, they’ve tried it a bit too literally. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

I hope Fabregas stays at the Arsenal, but only the most one-eyed gooner would deny that he’d have his head turned over the next few days. He’s a European Championship winner and a World Cup winner, but if he looked around the dressing room, he’d see half the team over-laden with club titles from Barcelona. Success tends to instil the desire for more success, and I can’t really see Cesc wanting to wait another two years for his next legitimate shot at a trophy.

Still, I loved how he dedicated his World Cup win to Arsenal. That’s a sign of class - Cesc might have Barcelona DNA, but his blood runs red and white. Let’s hope we can do the right thing by him.

There’s an interesting piece from football-talk. Fiorentina have signed Artur Boruc from Celtic, which means that Sebastien Frey is up for sale. I’ve always like Frey from Championship Manager days, but I’m not sure about this one. If we’re going to spend a lot of money on a goalkeeper, I’d rather we spend a LOT of money on a great goalkeeper. Is Frey a great goalkeeper? He’s no Hugo Lloris, that’s for sure...

So on the 285th last day of my 20s, I didn’t do much at all. Went to work, had lunch, came home had dinner and am contemplating doing my tax return before going to bed. I’ve been putting off tax for a while. I should do it, and do it soon.

No comments: