Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The 272nd last day of my 20s

So on the 272nd last day of my 20s, I cruised through work but ended up fifteen minutes late. I raced back from work in order to watch Inception with a bunch of people, including the GOMD. Went to Maccas afterwards for supper. She’s amazing, just amazing. I think about her, and I just can’t imagine what it’ll be like to go out with her. My brain would probably get fried with a serotonin overdose.

I liked Inception. It’s a remarkably complicated film and I got the impression that they spent a good hour and a half trying to explain the concept, and then spent thirty minutes executing the premise. I like concepts about dreams and fantasy, illusion and wish-fulfillment, ambivalence and doubt about the fabric of reality. I like it when stories inhabit the gap between the two. The plot twist was a bit predictable, though. I get the nagging feeling that I’ve seen it before in another film.

No comments: