Sunday, May 9, 2010

The 349th last day of my 20s

I was planning on watching Fulham vs Arsenal later tonight, but my head feels like it's going to explode, so maybe not. I'm nauseous enough at the moment without having to think about Silvestre and Fabianski in the same Arsenal line-up. Anyway, we can't lose this match. If we win we're 3rd, and we don't need to play a Champions League qualifying tie. If we lose, we're probably 4th, and we get the match-gate receipts for a Champions League qualifying tie. So really, it's a win-win for the Arsenal!

In other news, Inter Milan are going to try to sign Cesc Fabregas in order to persuade Jose Mourinho to stay. Real Madrid are going to try to sign Cesc Fabregas in order to persuade Jose Mourinho to join them. Man City will probably jump in and try to sign Cesc Fabregas, Jose Mourinho, the entire Inter Milan defensive line-up, all Real Madrid's galacticos, and a partridge in a pear tree.

So should we be worried? Luckily, Arsenal are in the box-seat for this one - all we have to do to persuade Cesc Fabregas to stay is to hire a defensive coach, sign a few experienced pros to bulk up the squad, and get a new fucking 'keeper. It shouldn't be that hard to do all that. Sadly though, I think it's more likely for City to buy the entire Inter Milan 1st team, than for Wenger to address our faults in the summer.

So on the 349th last day of my 20s, I went for a jog, went to church, went out for lunch and was delighted to find out that the girl of my dreams has incredibly geeky tastes (well, she's the girl of my dreams for a reason), developed a migraine and spent most of the arvo in bed. Then I got up, had dinner, typed this blog, and am currently thinking very hard about sleeping the rest of the night through.

Fulham vs Arsenal? I think I'll pass. To paraphrase Linda Evangelista, I don't get out of bed for anything less than an end-of-season title-deciding match.

No comments: