Thursday, June 26, 2008

There She Goes

There she goes
There she goes again
Racing through my brain
And I just can't contain
This feeling that remains


- The La's, There She Goes Again

This is my ode to whiny introspection.

In seven weeks time, I'll be gone. I'll be in Europe. For six months. By myself. On my lonesome. With nothing to protect me except my native wit, animal cunning and a couple of credit cards.

I'm alternating between excitement and nervousness, sleeplessness and sleepiness. Sometimes I'm scared because I'm struck by the thought that I haven't got a clue what I'm getting myself in for. Most of the time, I'm just really, really, really looking forward to it. It's something I've been dreaming about for ten years.

But then, you know... I look down the hallway and there she is. Racing through my brain. Pulsing through my veins. Blowing down my lane. And I just can't contain the feeling that remains.

Because when I leave, I know I'll never see her again.

No comments: