Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chelsea 4, Liverpool 4

"chavs vs scums is really entertaining, I mean 8 goals so far over the two matches. lots of shitty goalkeeping we can thank for todays goals. hope pool can grab one more soon for a thrilling finish but I really dont want them to go through the cunts."

- Black John Wayne, from the gunnerblog forum

I woke up at 5:30 wanting to see the last half hour of the Villareal match. I turned on the computer and scratched around for a link, and there was none. I checked gunnerblog and no one was talking about match. And then it hit me - I had the wrong day.

Damn these Europeans and their complicated fixture making.

Watching the Chelsea-Liverpool tie at the moment. Liverpool were 2-0 up after the first half, now 2-2. Good as over, Chelsea versus Barcelona in the semi-final. I'm a bit apprehensive about this one. I want Chelsea to lose about as much as I want Barcelona to win. The one thing I don't want to see is A**Cole winning something. He's odious.

Scrap that. Lampard just scored. 3-2 to Chelsea. The whole Chelsea team is odious. I've got nothing against Lampard, but I hate his guts for some reason. I'm not sure why. And John Terry. Hate him even more than I hate Lampard.

It's an interesting match to watch. Liverpool started the half with the impossible almost tangible. And now they're stuffed. One blunder by Reina. One set-piece rocket by Alex. One tap-in by Lampard. And the best thing is that I've only a half-hearted interest in it, so no one gets hurt.

3-3 now. Lucas with a deflected shot. With ten minutes to play.

4-3 now. Kuyt header from dead-on. With eight minutes to play.

How excitement.

4-4, Lampard from the edge of the area, goal off both posts. It really is over. Meh. Good match, the kind of grinding, technical game that wish Liverpool and Chelsea could play all the time. Worth getting up for. Anyway, Chelsea vs Barcelona in the semis. Let's hope Barca do them good, because I couldn't stand Chelsea winning the Champions League.

5 comments:

Vertino Aleci said...

Finally, I think we won't be hearing 'Spirit of Istanbul again'. Terrific game though, definitely. Time to create our own 'spirit of...' this year. A nice result against the yellows coupled with a Porto 'spirit of 2004' triumphing over Utd's 'spirit of 99'.

weg said...

I was thinking Spirit of Istanbul, to be honest. The Puds do comebacks really well. C'mon Arsenal, Spirit of '08 awaits.

Patt said...

Im not happy with that result. The chavs will be uber confident going into the Fa cup clash against us. Bloody useless scum! Its a pity Stevie Me couldnt play, a dive or 2 wouldve been useful to them.

Anonymous said...

WEG,
WAKE UP NOW YOU FLAMIN GALLAH THE GAME STARTS IN 30 MINUTES.

Tubes x

WEG said...

Thanks Tubes.