Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ex-Arsenal Wins The FA Cup

"This is the best moment of my life. I started the game and I won the Cup for Portsmouth. I have felt nothing like this."

Nwankwo Kanu, commenting on the best he's ever had.

Go with me on this one - I need the cheering up, and it's the most we can celebrate for the foreseeable future.

Congratulations to Kanu, Campbell, Lauren (where did he go?) and Diarra for winning the FA Cup. I think it's brilliant that such an Arsenal-dominated side is able to enjoy success. From what I remember, it wasn't a great game, and Cardiff were surprisingly good, but still, it's good that a side outside the Top 4 won it. I think we'd all agree that the worst thing about the Champions League is that power is concentrated in too few clubs.

And it was refreshing to see two clubs that really, really wanted to win it.

If I was being pessimistic, I'd be questioning Wenger's player management. We'd all agree that Lauren, Campbell and Diarra could still have played a part at Arsenal. However, I should make an effort to be positive. So well done.

There is one thing I'd like to expound upon. I notice that at the start of every game, the players come out holding hands with a kid. That's twenty-two kids per game. That happens every game of the season, which is 8360 kids per Premier League season (not counting domestic cups and European competitions). There are four leagues in the England, so that's roughly 33440 kids per FA season.

That's a hell of a lot of kids. Where do they get them from?

No comments: