Thursday, May 22, 2008

Carlos Vela on FM08

"His time in Spain has now come to a close and he is just waiting for his passport. He has worked the amount of time required by the Premier League and everything is going fine. He has been granted permission to play and will be joining Arsenal in July for the beginning of pre-season training."

- Eduardo Hernandez, Vela's agent

It's something I'm eagerly anticipating. It's a strange thing, because I've never seen him play (other than on youTube), and all I've heard are breathless reports from Arsenal fans. However, I am a big fan of FM08, and Carlos Vela is a big, big player in that game.

In my Arsenal team, I've got Adebayor and Benzema as the strikers, Denilson and Fabregas as CMs, and Walcott and Vela on the flanks. They're all good players, but Vela is something special. Whenever Ade or Benny misfire, I switch Vela upfront and sure enough, our little Carlitos scores the winner. He has a shot like a cannon and moves like a beemer. He scores big, big goals. He's my clutch player in a team of clutch players.

Love the guy to bits - classy, classy player.

The other news is that we're going to sign Nasri. Again, I've only seen him on FM08, but in that game, he's over-rated. I'd rather a winger/forward like Ben Arfa, a more robust attacking midfielder like Silva or a genuine striker like Aguero. Still, you don't call a guy the "new Zidane" unless he's talented and of Algerian descent.

It's all getting very exciting, isn't it?

No comments: