Saturday, August 2, 2008

Arsenal vs FC Twente

"In one respect it's a tough draw for us, on the other it's now an opponent we know very well... It will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience that doesn't come along that often. I'm sure the fans will be delighted."

- Steve McClaren, FC Twente manager

Steve's right about two points:

1. Once-in-a-lifetime experiences don't come along that often - usually, just once
2. The fans will be delighted

I'm especially delighted because they're playing the second leg at Emirates, which means I'll get to see it. In London. At Emirates. For real. I'm a bit blase about it now, but that's probably just shock. I'll be a blubbering mess by the time I get off at Arsenal station. Which reminds me, I've got to get there early and buy a Theo shirt.

I wonder if we'll play a full-strength side?

FC Twente could be a tricky tie. They beat Ajax in the playoff for the CL spot, and they won't be pushovers. They know Arsenal's style of play, would've remembered how PSV played against us two years ago, and they'll probably play narrow and sit in front of goal. Then again, they're managed now by Steve McClaren, so anything could happen....

In other news, Adebayor's getting very Henry-esque with his quotes. His interview with ATVO includes the classic line "at the moment my heart is with Arsenal". Henry should've copyrighted that phrase; it would've earned him a bundle.

Ade also claims he knew nothing about the shenanigans over the summer, as he was at home in deepest darkest Africa. Now, I realise public relations is probably the easiest course to do at uni, but are PR people really that stupid? Or do they just think we are? Someone should just tell Ade that we don't care as long as he keeps on scoring 30 goals a season.

I don't have the patience to sift through that interview. Another day. Maybe tomorrow. Got to do my taxes today.

No comments: