Thursday, August 14, 2008

2-0 to the Arse

"We were a very young team and we did not lose our nerve, did not panic and in the end maybe our technical superiority allowed us to score two goals. That is a massive advantage for the second leg but we will be on our toes."

- from One Who Knows

I am happy to be wrong.

It happened when I was asleep. Most good things happen when you're sleeping. Santa comes and leaves presents, the Tooth Fairy exchanges teeth for money, and Arsenal wins 2-0 against FC Twente.

Normally, this is where I make a quip about how most of our first team probably still believes in Santa and the Tooth Fairy. I won't, because it's a bit hypocritical. You see, I desperately want to believe in something more ridiculous and improbable - an Arsenal Premiership won by a bunch of kids.

I'm eagerly anticipating the 27th of August, because Wenger Claus is coming to town...

There's a post by van Smeiter on Blog, my Arse worth reading. He posted it hours before the FC Twente game, and basically said we should calm the fuck down. This season will be exciting and interesting. Those butterflies and sleepless nights are good, good things, because it means we're living on the edge of our skins. And that's the only way to live a life.

I worry too much for my own good. I should learn to relax, unclench, and let it flow out. Every little thing's going to be alright. Denilson and Ramsey made mistakes. But they're young and will get better. Arsenal will get better as well. Cesc will be back. Toure will be, too.

Anyway, Arsenal play like the Harlem Globetrotters. That's worth all the disappointment and heartache.

No comments: