Thursday, August 21, 2008

5 things so far

Making it quick:

1. St Paul's - Scrubbed up quite nicely. Wren did a good job with the dome; very big. Someone should think of putting an escalator to the winding hall.
2. Millennium Bridge - pretty. The underneath suspension thing is really quite cool.
3. Tate Modern - kind of disappointing. Not as comprehensive as the MoMA or the Guggenheim, and has the same stuff (sorry, it's not art if you can reproduce it and have it hanging in multiple galleries), but it looks really cool in a converted factory. Like a funky loft. But for some really, there are really, really good looking girls hanging out in modern art galleries. What the fuck is the connection between hot girls and modern, abstract art?
4. Globe Theatre - saw the Merry Wives of Windsor at the Globe. Awesome. Seriously.
5. And I've got the Arsenal tickets in my pocket right now. It might be just the jet lag, but I'm delirious. FC Twente, Newcastle - I can hardly wait.

Just one thing...

Why the fuck did we sign Mikael Silvestre? I don't log on for three days, and this is what I'm confronted with? Shit. I don't get it. I really don't. A 31 year old defender from Man Utd. What happened to getting a pugnacious DM? And why has Wenger suddenly started buying experienced French defenders from rival Premier League clubs? Is this our new thing? I want the trend to continue because it'll be cool to get Phillippe Mexes, but with my luck, we''ll get Sylvain Distin. I'm not familiar with Silvestre's work, but is he the shit-kicker we desperately need?

No comments: