Sunday, April 25, 2010

(I didn't watch) Arsenal 0-0 Man City

I'm not watching Arsenal matches now, so I don't think it's right to comment on a match I haven't seen. Still, Arsenal and Man City drew nil-all at the Emirates last night, and I'm not sure what to think about it. Considering the number of players out injured, and considering the disappointment of the past few weeks, I think it's a good result. However, it's kind of sad that the day has come when a 0-0 at home against Man City can be considered a good result.

The report seem to suggest that we played badly. There are very few scintillating 0-0 games, but on this occasion, I don't think it matters. It's another point to toss onto the pile, and it helps keep 3rd spot a little more secure. At this stage, while we're limping through the season and each game is a potential humiliating defeat, that's as much as we can hope for.

In other news, Nicky Bendtner thinks he's one of the best strikers in the world:


I think it's worrying that Bendy thinks that goals are the last thing he needs to add. I'd worry if the Arsenal coaches are telling him that goals aren't important. Call me a traditionalist, but I would've thought that goals were one of the first things you need to add. Scoring goals certainly seems like a more important priority than sporting lime-green boots and a boy-band haircut. But I don't believe Bendtner's one of the best strikers in the world either, so maybe I'm just wrong about this one.

So, on the 363rd last day of my 20s, I woke up, watched the last ten minutes of "Wolverine and the X-Men", went to church, spent most of the day talking to the girl of my dreams (and really, the rest of the day's been just a blur), bought a watermelon and barbecue sauce, and downloaded "Uptown Saturday Night" by Camp Lo from iTunes.

I quite like this album. I'm listening to it now. It's blaxplotation hip-hop. I've no idea what they're saying, but they say in a really mellow, laid-back manner. It's so cool that I feel out of place listening to it. Well worth $16.99 to fund the Apple empire.

In Steve Jobs We Trust.

No comments: