Sunday, September 28, 2008

2-1 to the Hull

"We were not completely switched on to the level needed to win these games."

- Arsene Wenger, back on earth

You know, I hate being right.

There's something comforting knowing that someone older, smarter and infinitely more experienced has things well in control. For most of the past month, I felt Wenger was that someone. And I felt Arsenal were on the up.

And then, Hull happens. It's profoundly disappointing. It shows that when we're not 100% focused on our defensive duties, Hull happens. It shows that our squad IS too thin, that it breed complancecy, and that against supposed underdogs, Hull happens.

Clearly, we're not strong enough just yet to win the Premier League. If we're going to win it, we have to will all the games like this. At the moment, we're picking the games in which we shine.

Actually, I didn't see the game yesterday. It broke quite a long run of Arsenal games. I was grounded, which sounds sillier than it actually was. I've a horrible, nagging suspicion that maybe, I am the Arsenal's good luck charm, but I really hope not. I'm leaving England in two days, and I don't think I'll be in a position to watch the Arsenal on a regular basis. And I don't want to be the cause of our next lapse of concentration.

I wonder if Norway shows the Premier League?

No comments: