Sunday, February 22, 2009

0-0 to the Arsenal

"It is the story of Arsenal's season. There has not been enough creativity on the pitch. This was their fourth consecutive draw in the Premier League – and the last three have been goalless."

- Amy Lawrence, The Guardian

I'm sick as a Rosicky at the moment, so I slept through last night's match against Sunderland. Anyway, between the coughing, the fevers and the sweating, I doubt I would've had much energy to lambast the Arsenal for another 0-0 draw against opposition we really should be pumelling. I certainly wouldn't have had the energy to boo the team off the pitch.

But I've read the reports, and they're not pretty. It's another 0-0 draw, and we haven't scored in what, three games? Fucking hell. Arshavin's going to be good, but I wonder if he'd been keeping an eye of the Premier League table before he signed with us. We're not exactly winning friends or trophies with these performances.

People say the Owl will save our season, but it's a bit of a long shot. He hadn't played a competitive game since Novemeber and he won't be a match winner until next season. If we're going to dig our way out of this mess, we're going to have to look within. Which means, relying on Denilson, Song and Eboue to get us out of this mess.

Fucking hell.

No comments: